In recent years, selecting a solution to manage your law practice has become considerably more complex. Consider the choices: on-premise (client/server), hosted, web-based, and cloud-based storage options. Some practice management software focuses on front-office/case management, others on back-office billing and accounting.
With such a crowded marketplace it can be difficult to know which solution is best for your firm (we hear this from clients all the time.) For that reason, we’ve created a series of articles that offer an overview of the top legal practice management solutions.
Time Matters Overview
Time Matters is part of the LexisNexis suite of software products. Time Matters focuses primarily on practice management, or front-office functionality, including client and case management, calendaring, tasks and notes. Time Matters will also handle your law firm’s billing (but not accounting).
The LexisNexis Ecosystem
LexisNexis offers a portfolio of legal software products designed to meet the needs of many different law firms. Not every law firm needs every feature of every application–and to that end LexisNexis offers a variety of products that meet different needs and work together. Since Time Matters is designed to manage your front-office–but not your accounting–Time Matters integrates LexisNexis’ other accounting software systems, including:
- PCLaw™, for small law firms, and
- Juris™, for midsize and larger law firms.
Related: PCLaw – An Uptime Review
Time Matters has been around a long time, making it a mature product with a robust set of practice management features, including:
- Client and contact management
- Matter and project management
- Calendaring and docketing
- Time and billing
- Document and email linking
What We Like about Time Matters
- Customization. Time Matters is very customizable. From customizing the front-end, such as matter screens or reports, to customizing the back-end, and creating custom database queries, workflows and events, Time Matters is one of the most customizable applications. Firms with a need to tailor a product to their practice and their process should take a close look at Time Matters.
- Integration with PCLaw and Juris. Time Matters includes basic billing capabilities–which may suffice for your firm. If not–Time Matters integrates very well with LexisNexis billing and accounting products, PCLaw and Juris. These back-office counterparts can be purchased along with Time Matters or added on later.
- Network of Consultants. As mentioned, Time Matters is very powerful and very customizable–but really getting the most out of it, and tailoring it to your firm, requires an expert. Fortunately, LexisNexis has an authorized consultant program and a large network of independent legal software consultants who can help your firm maximize your investment in Time Matters.
The Uptime Verdict
Time Matters is a mature product packed with features to help you manage your practice. We recommend any firm that needs comprehensive case, client, and calendar management take a look at it–especially if your firm needs a solution that can be customized to your processes and workflow…and especially if your firm already uses (or plans to use) PCLaw or Juris for billing and accounting.
Better in the Cloud
Leverage Time Matters for your practice anywhere, without the need for on-premise servers and expensive IT support, with a legal cloud platform such as Uptime Practice™. Time Matters, combined with the right private legal cloud solution, will give you access to your entire practice including your case management and billing software, your files, documents & email, anytime, anywhere.
Related: Time Matters in the Cloud
See it in Action
Take a look at Time Matters in action.