An Introduction to Time Matters Go
Time Matters® Go is a new mobile app by LexisNexis® that enables Time Matters® users to enter billable hours while out of the office and on the go, giving attorneys the chance to bill faster than ever.Time Matters Go is compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
Time Matters is a long-standing, popular legal practice management application used by law firms the world over. Time Matters is premise-based, which means it can be run on a law firm’s own in-house server or in a private cloud.
Time Matters has been a favored practice management suite for many law firms because of its deep customizability and rich feature set.
However, Time Matters has lacked a native mobile app that allows attorneys to quickly and easily enter billable time on the go.
In this article, you’ll learn more about Time Matters Go and its features.
Time Matters Go Overview
Time Matters Go, created by LexisNexis, is an app that lawyers and key staff can use to keep up with their time entries even if they’re out of the office. It provides an easy and fast way for lawyers to look at their billable hours.
It’s a solid time tracking option for any lawyer who spends a lot of time out of the office or who already uses Time Matters and wants to be able to access the program when they’re meeting with clients at a separate location.
Time Matters Go is an app that can be used on either Apple or Android devices.
What We Like about Time Matters Go
Time Matters Go is an impressive app for many reasons. One of our favorite features is the voice-to-text feature. Lawyers can quickly capture their thoughts and notes while on the move. It also has auto-correct (although we still suggest lawyers read it over especially if they plan to use those notes in the future!) The reason we like these features is because of how the app integrates with Time Matters. Just turn on the timer, use the voice features to record details on the billable activity. The app allows users to pre-populate client and matter information, too.
Key Features of Time Matters Go
Time Matters Go has several key features that are designed to help the app live up to what it says it does: allow lawyers to make more money by making it easier for them to enter time and bill more. There’s no more waiting to get to the office to add time to an invoice. No more worrying about whether the lawyer can remember enough details or find the notes that were written in haste.
Key features include:
- Integration with Time Matters. This means less time trying to remember client or matter information. Users can access their Time Matters account to ensure that they have the correct information every time.
- The ability to time activities when they’re happening. Whether working from home or having an impromptu phone or in-person meeting, lawyers are able to quickly and easily enter their time and associate it to the appropriate matter.
- Review billable hours from the app. Lawyers can access an easy to read dashboard to determine how much time they spent on any billable activity on any matter. The calendar feature is simple to use which makes pulling up billing history faster.
- Voice-to-text option. Time Matters Go provides transcription of notes related to matters.
- Auto-correction for misspelled words. Small keyboards on smart phones and other devices aren’t always so friendly. Time Matters Go gives users the option to correct typos as they create notes via typing or after voice-to-text.
The Uptime Verdict
Time Matters Go is a fantastic solution for lawyers who are constantly on the go or who want a quick and easy way to manage their timekeeping. It’s great for law firms that have come to rely on the rich functionality of Time Matters and don’t want to “downgrade” to more limited software just to have a mobile app.
No more waiting to get to the office and hoping that memory holds true. Time Matters Go is a fantastic option that is cost-effective and easy to use.
Better in the Cloud
Time Matters Go will absolutely make your Time Matters more mobile, but it does not make Time Matters “cloud-based.”For that, you’ll need a private cloud.
A private cloud is a completely hosted and managed IT platform that will host your Time Matters, your other software, your files, email and other data—all within a secure virtual desktop.
A private cloud, such as Uptime Practice, will host the Time Matters you know and love along with the accessibility, security and reliability of the cloud.(We call that a win-win.)